"Say OK Google any time" is buggy

In a previous post, I talked about "Ok Google detection" issues in Viber, Facebook Messenger and Skype voice calls. It seems that there are a lot more hidden issues to be discovered and here it is another one. 

Recently, I updated the Android operating system of my smartphone to LineageOS 7.1.2 (Nougat). I installed the OpenGapps "nano" version and everything was right until I plugged in the 3.5mm headset. Surprisingly I found that there was no audio in a phone call and the mic was dead. The wire button might answer a phone call but no sound after that. 

After a clean flash of the LineageOS and OpenGapps, I figured out the root of all evil: "Ok Google detection"! 


"Ok Google detection" can be found in Settings > Languages & Input > Virtual keyboard > Google Voice typing. If you make the mistake and enable the option Say "Ok Google" anytime, you're done! We've opened the Pandora's box. This feature is so buggy in audio apps!

Disable it and never touch it again. I suppose Google is not gonna correct the issue. We shall live with it. 

Σχόλια